Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Makita XGT was: Any thoughts on the value of this cordless jigsaw

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

once you "buy in" to a given manufacturer's cordless tools, you don't
generally want an extra battery and charger every time you buy another
tool to add to the collection ... I chose 18V Makita several years ago,
got 3x 3.0Ah batteries and a charger with a drill/impact combo set and
have bought several "bare" tools since, only recently when I purchased a
36V tool did I buy a pair of 5.0Ah batteries along with a dual charger.

I see that next year Makita are to launch an "XGT" range of 40V
tools/batteries, presumably they'll gradually phase out the 36V dual LXT
tools?

https://www.makitauk.com/news/makita-offers-vision-of-cordless-future-with-expanded-lxt-and-new-xgt.html

They'll be needing shutters on the battery and charger connections soon.
;-)

A fully charged 18V LiIon ryobi battery is about 20V not 18V.

I expect they have just decided to use the same number of cells and
quote the fully charged voltage.