Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default LED panel ceiling lights

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
Anyone else think they'd look a bit 'industrial' (or office) in a kitchen?

No but I do think a kitchen, bathroom or hallway with multiple
down-lighters looks naff. I also think that the fad for butler sinks
and wooden draining boards makes a kitchen look if it desperately needs
modernising. The same with those impractical sinks that sit on top of
bathroom worktops.

Luckily we all have different tastes. Thing would be very boring otherwise.

Sometimes it's not just taste but from lessons learnt or from experience
of similar.

As I get older I find that I prefer a brighter "daylight" type light,
especially for reading and anywhere that I'm working.

As for basins on top of worktops I've seen these installed in workplace
toilets where they are only used for washing hands and noticed an
amazing amount of water ends up on the worktop rather than in the basin.
I hate to think how much water would end up on the work surface when
washing other body parts

My latest mistake was made a few years ago when purchasing a replacement
toilet suite. Rather than the traditional shape the toilet pan has a
large horizontal ledge before a drop into the water. When seated the
**** tends to land on this flat bit for inspection and leaves skid marks
when flushing unless a bit of paper is placed in the porcelain first.
Whats worse is splash back. Its OK if you manage a strong steam into the
hole but the dribbles hit a near horizontal surface a few inches below
the rim and splashes back up and sideways in all directions. If I'd
had previous experience of this type of design I wouldn't have purchased
it!