Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default LED panel ceiling lights

On 11/10/2019 19:09, dennis@home wrote:
On 11/10/2019 16:27, wrote:

I think we'll want 4 or 6 panels for light distribution (there's a
steel beam in the way), and also so that we aren't stuffed if (when!)
one fails, so 600x300 and 2000-3000 lumens/panel is starting to feel
like the starting point, with a colour temp at least 4000K and CRI of
at least 80.
Life was easier when we fitted a ceiling rose and bought a pendant
bulb holder, a 100W bulb and a lampshade! Which reminds me, I tried to
buy some ES pendant lampholders the other day but none of the usual
culprits seem to stock them, yet many LED bulbs are ES or SES.

Ikea do a fitting with several ES bulb holders on, you just cut the
cable off at what length you want and throw the other bit in the use
later bin.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/hemma-t...hite-10325659/

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. The nearest Ikea is a couple of hours
away so it will need to wait until we are heading in that direction for
something else.
they also do a smart LED panel

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/floalt-...trum-40436316/

which can be dimmed and has warm to daylight settings using the tradfri
system or hue.

I don't feel comfortable with the idea of lighting being dependant on
wireless or remote control. I just want it to work when I operate a switch.