Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

Default LED panel ceiling lights

On 2019-10-11 1:02 p.m., Steve Walker wrote:
On 11/10/2019 10:14, wrote:
Earlier I asked about downlighters and several replies suggested LED
panels, having experimented with a few types of downlighters I'm
unimpressed so want to explore the options with LED panels. The
problem is that it's not possible to look at them in shops, or to pick
one up (cheaply) to experiment with, so I hope there's a bit more
experience with them out there in uk.d-i-y.

The circular panels penetrate the ceiling but I can't find any mention
of them being "fire rated", are there any that are? If not, what do
people do?
It seems that some (most?) of the rectangular and square panels can
sit under an unbroken ceiling, which would be wise because when one
fails it probably won't be easy to find a replacement to fit into a
girt big hole.

It probably won't be a problem with square or rectangular ones. Many
panels are likely to be standard sizes, to directly fit in place of the
tiles in office suspended ceilings.

SteveW

you can get ceiling tile up to size 4 by 8 ,
you can cut them easily into any shape