Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Lubricating oven rails

On 09/10/2019 17:11, newshound wrote:

My bosch oven uses lithium grease, its been fine for five years

Not on the rails, surely? Perhaps in the fan bearings, but of course
these are in a cooler region (and probably have a designed cooling flow).

On the rails.

Just don't leave the rails in when using pyrolytic cleaning.

The online manual now says only use high temp food grade lubricants and
gives a phone number to talk to support.

The original paper stuff said lithium grease as I remember but I haven't
seen the paper stuff for years.

There is certainly a white grease on the ball bearings.