Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Headset to PC converter?

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 23:47:01 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 8 October 2019 22:40:55 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Did I describe it correctly above? 'Dolls eye exchange', Jacks on
weighted cords with toggle switches and a operator position with
rotary dial and headset?

That would be a PMBX - manual exchange. Unless it was a PABX with a cord board like a PABX2

https://www.britishtelephones.com/pabx2.htm

From memory it was more like the one on the right he

https://www.britishtelephones.com/swat3796.htm

I also think I remember it opening up sideways with the main loom
running up / down the lhs.

After training you on all the repair and adjustment of all the
components it used (inc the 'Dolls eye indicators'), they handed you
cabinet that had been wired by a previous tech and then the loom cut
though. You had to de-solder everything, make up a wiring nail-board
from the diagram and cabinet measurements and then draw up a wiring
list. You would lay out the wiring on said board, lace and release
from the board. You would then wire the cabinet, test and once happy,
submit for test and examination. Once passed you got your score and
they cut though the main loom again ready for the next trainee. ;-(

I picked up a Plantronics Blackwire 5220 USB one £10 in the Cancer
Research shop recently.
Sounds like a result.
I think they still have one left.

Were they new OOI?

I assume not, as not in boxes etc.

Ok.

Works fine for talk and listen, just haveb't got the driver to talk to Dragon yet. Which may be Dragon's fault of course as it is about 10 years old.

My first foray into voice recognition was DD and probably on a 386.
;-)

Cheers, T i m