Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Flavel Caress HE gas fire?

Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer
wrote:

On 09/10/2019 03:57, Cynic wrote:
Probably has an oxygen depletion sensing thermocouple assembly. Try
cleaning it as a first step. Do you still have the installation and
service manual that came with the fire?

Yes, I have the manual but I'm not legally qualified to tamper with
any part of the gas system.

An FAQ. You need no legal qualifications for doing your own gas
plumbing, only competence. And it is quite possible that you are
competent to replace a thermocouple and clean a gas jet. The main thing
is probably knowing what you don't know, and either finding out or
leaving well alone.

--

Roger Hayter