Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Headset to PC converter?

On Tuesday, 8 October 2019 20:45:22 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Plugs are male, jacks are female.

Not here in England they aren't:

Yes they are.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...=plug+and+jack

3rd quote from page 355.

Daughter had her first online OU tutorial for her Open Degree tonight
and had picked up a headset that was supposed to work with 'PC's' but
only if they came with a suitable 4 pole connector or you buy the
extra converter. 'Luckily', few if any used the mic function so little
was lost. ;-)

USB headsets are pretty cheap and avoid most audio interfacing problems. I picked up a Plantronics Blackwire 5220 USB one £10 in the Cancer Research shop recently. I haven't got it to work with Dragon Dictate yet though.

Owain