Joseph Meehan

Default Steam cleaners

edee em wrote:
With due respect to mark and the Irish mathematician, I recently
purchased a Shark steam cleaning unit. I had to see how it worked
and so far so good. We have a grill on our stove and it gets caked
with fat and grease. I have hit those grills with every chemical
known (and safe?) to man, with varying results. I used the steam
cleaner the other day and what a difference. The steam breaks up the
fat and grease and you wipe it away. Takes some time but it's well
worth it. Not sure about upholstery, rugs etc yet but plan on using
it there soon. I am also interested in how it performs inside the
shower on mould, soap scum, etc.

The only proviso I would pass along is this might be a situation of
you get what you pay for. My unit cost me $149.99 Cdn and it has all
sorts of attachments allowing me to do floors, etc.

good cleaning!

PS: I don't have any connection with Shark except for the fact that
they now have some of my money....

I am glad to hear that at least some of them work. I suspect the
machine you bought for $149 CD was a lot different (better) than the $29.99
+SH (includes a free egg slicer if you order in 15 minutes) machine as
advertised on TV that I was thinking of. I did not even know they made
good consumer type machines. (Of course not knowing has seldom stopped me
from commenting. ;-)

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math