Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default alarm batteries

On 07/10/2019 07:42, alan_m wrote:
On 07/10/2019 05:30, Andy Burns wrote:
Just had a power cut (70 minutes not too bad a fix time for an 11kV
fault I suppose)

OK, I did have to get up to silence the UPS (also shut down a couple
of unnecessary PCs while at it to extend runtime)

But most annoying is the 15 minutes of alarms sounding due to failed
batteries, then sounding again for another 15 minutes when the power
comes back ...

People seem to think this is normal/acceptable ...

No, that's why I change my battery in my alarm every 3 years.

Power to Auckley (a village in Doncaster) was to be cut off for a day to
allow power lines to be changed.

Just before 9am I had wired a 3ph generator up ready to power the local pub.

At bang on 9am all the alarms went off.

--
Adam