Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Lubricating oven rails

On 07/10/2019 18:55, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi All

I have an oven which has telescopic rails which allows certain shelves
to slide out on arms. They are now getting a bit sticky and one of
them struggles to go all the way in. Was wondering what the best oil
is to lubricate it.

Conscious that the oven goes up to about 300c so wondering if WD40 / 3
in 1 oil is ok at these temps or whether it will burn off. I also
thought about vegetable oil.

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Lee.

almost certainly you dont need lubrication you need caustic to get rid
of the grease that is coking it up

Agreed, but it may be difficult to clean completely; all depends on
access and geometry.