Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jrwalliker@gmail.com is offline

Default Lubricating oven rails

On Tuesday, 8 October 2019 11:18:41 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 08/10/2019 08:21, Brian Gaff wrote:
It will burn off with a terrible pong so don't cook in it till its gone!
I'm thinking a good clean then some kind of graphite based stuff.
Brian

Agree completely about cleaning. Graphite is one option, the other thing
which will take the temperature is a pure silicone oil. Either as a
spray or the liquid which is sold for lubricating waste pipe fittings.

How about asking the manufacturer? Our oven (Neff) came with such rails.
There are signs of white grease in the bearings. The manufacturer
must know what they use at the factory.
John