Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default alarm batteries

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
My bell box has a rechargeable battery that is also trickle charged in
my wired system via the alarm panel. My bell box also has red flashing
LEDs so a self contained non-rechargeable battery may not last that long.

The tamper circuit in a bell box is often a spring loaded mechanical
switch which when the box is removed from the wall is activated.

I thought the bell box battery is only there so it will sound if it or the
wiring to it is tampered with. Under other circumstances, the panel
supplies the ringing volts to it - either from mains or its battery.

--
*Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.