Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dangers of wimmin drivers at petrol stations

On 07/10/2019 20:30, TOJ wrote:
On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 14:03:01 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Have you ever been asked for evidence of entitlement when seeking NHS
treatment? I've not.

In my recent treatment for prostate cancer the paperwork asked 'Are you a UK citizen/have you resided
in the UK for the last 12 months? I was required to tick the box and sign to say it was true. Don't know
if they checked though. Electoral roll, council tax? DWP?

For the majority of people, the simple fact that they have a lifetime of
medical records is enough to say that they are unlikely to be ineligible
and for the sake of catching the few with records, who aren't, there is
no point spending time checking everyone.

For those without such records, checking every one makes sense.

SteveW