Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lifts - not Rocket Science

On Saturday, 5 October 2019 09:40:09 UTC+1, John Kenyon wrote:
On 03/10/2019 21:19, tim... wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 01/10/2019 17:23, Jethro_uk wrote:
You can bet your life the lifts in these £5,000/month flats are never
out
of order.

And that is almost certainly because these residents respect
the building and its facilities, unlike joe public on his
mobility scooter who couldn't give a ****, while muttering
'they should do something about it'.

I live in a block where we respect and *need* the lift

we also have an on-site warden who can/does call out the repair company
immediately when it goes wrong

doesn't stop it being unavailable for a week at a time when they need
new "parts"

tim

Usually caused by the false economy of having a 3rd party service
contract, "because its cheaper than having a contract with insert lift
manufacturer here".

The block where I had a flat, deliberately chose to go with Otis on the
basis that the enhanced spares availability was worth the the extra expense.

Any idea of whether or not it was worth it ?