Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why do LEDs generate heat?

On Sun, 06 Oct 2019 10:04:21 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 06/10/2019 00:13, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 05 Oct 2019 23:06:26 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 05/10/2019 22:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 05 Oct 2019 22:15:34 +0100, AlexK wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
Direct drive motors are interesting - I once had a very cheap
turntable
that said "direct drive", so I guess it's not always a good thing?

There's a big difference between a turntable motor and
one in a top loading washing machine which needs to
do a variety of different things when washing, adjitating
and spin drying at different speeds.

I know. Which makes me think it's important for a washing machine. But
on a turntable, it has to be a very precise speed or the music sounds
****. It's the last place I'd think of putting one.

Actually I think I remembered wrong, the cheap stereo might have said
"belt drive" on the front. Direct drive could have been the decent one.

My Sony direct drive turntable bought in 1982 is still in working order
- except that the lid doesn't stay up. If it had been belt drive I
expect the belt would have perished by now. (My Marantz cassette deck,
bought in 1987 hasn't fared so well.)

Easy to get belts of any size online.

Lot easier not to have to.

I was just suggesting you could rectify that Marantz.