Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Thread Laps in Self Tapping Screws

On 06/10/2019 20:06, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 17:41:36 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 5:36:23 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins
wrote:

https://www.afi.cc/blog/screw-points-guide
Very informative. Would have been worlds better with pictures.

I have antenna TV, not cable, and enough dial-up and cellular Internet
access for my own mainly text reading needs but not much to spare. I
won't be offended if you find and post a reference you like better.

Text OK, but the video wasn't just bad, it was misleading. The vid
showed more screw heads than points. Ridiculously lousy vid. Boo on
the hardware-ignorant secretary who made it up for them.

https://www.instockfasteners.com/TOOLS/screwpoints.ASP
Much better. A line of text description and small pic that even Dialup
Jim(tm) could download! One for each type. This is the one I used
to find the best deck screws (type 17) years ago.

Not sure I'd agree about drive pins, called U drive, being permanent,
they're easily removed with the right tool like a small cold chisel with
a gap to go around the shank. They're often used for engine number
plates on some older British engines and get removed when the block is
decked.

--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is
a good American.Â* The only man who is a good American is