Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Using portable generator to power furnace fan (AC/PSC motor) -yes or no?

On Sunday, October 6, 2019 at 2:56:19 PM UTC-4, Sam E wrote:
On 10/6/19 1:21 AM, wrote:

[snip]

Gas appliances with no
electronics. The gas valves were fed directly from the thermocouple
through a point on the blower relay in the furnace and the thermostat
in the water heater as I recall. It was 35 years ago tho. There was no
electrical connection at all to the water heater. It just had a pilot
light.

I thought I heard something about making standing pilot lights illegal.

--
"A fool speaks because he has to say something, but a wise man speaks
because he has something to say." -- Confucius

It wouldn't surprise me. We're already paying more because they had to
make them so they are resistant to blowing up the place if you fill
the place up with gasoline or similar fumes. The main advantage to the
pilot light and no blower ones is they cost less and you have hot water
without power.