ryeish

Default Pilot light won't light? ? ?

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 00:50:52 GMT, "Ray Jenkins"
wrote:

I have a six-year-old Magic Chef gas range -- which has caused me a lot of
trouble and expense to keep operating properly.

The current problem: The pilot light won't light one of the burners.

The other three work properly: First you hear a clicking, sparking noise,
and the gas lights.

But this clicking, sparking sound does occur on the faulty one.

Any suggestions/ideas welcome.

The module that makes the "spark" can be faulty. Remove the steel
cover off of the gas inlet (under the burner). That little
igniter...make sure it's clean. If you have frequent boilovers and
stuff they can foul the igniter. Clean it well; if it still fails
you'll need to replace it. Not sure how much the part is, I had one
done a few years ago (the repair guy told me what caused it, we
haven't had any problems since).