Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Brazing stainless steel - what's easiest?

Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Fri, 04 Oct 2019 13:31:24 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I need to mend a small piece of stainless steel, it's essentially a
small length of tube (125mm dia or so) with a flange that needs to be
re-affixed to a then plate. The original welds (not mine!) were
absolute rubbish and have come apart.

I don't have TIG (only MIG and stick) so I think brazing is probably the
best option. I have a gas torch which can get it hot enough, so what's
the best sort of brazing material to use?

Are you sure you can get it hot enough? What gas will you be using?

Butane (I think), the slightly hotter of Propane and Butane anyway.

However I'm moving towards Gasless MIG, I didn't realise you can get
gasless stainless steel MIG wire.

--
Chris Green
ยท