Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why do LEDs generate heat?

Well huge strides have been made already, so I guess more will happen later on.

On Fri, 04 Oct 2019 11:38:26 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

I doubt you're the only one wanting that. When they become avaible you be able to buy them, but for now it seems the more effiecient something is the more it costs, so don't expect them to be on ebay 100 for £1 or whatever.

On Thursday, 3 October 2019 16:38:56 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
That's different, that's asking for generating power from nothing. I just want something that changes electricity into light and nothing else. Or virtually nothing else, like 1% of it wasted. Current LEDs I'm told waste 60%.

On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 16:35:03 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

One obviously has inefficiencies or the perpetual motion machine would be
everywhere.

Brian