Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default Dangers of wimmin drivers at petrol stations

On 04/10/2019 11:25, charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 04/10/2019 09:29, charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 03/10/2019 22:24, Steve Walker wrote:
Far better that ouir own experts/government can set our own standards if
necessary. It makes sense to stick to EU standards generally, but for
some things, it might suit us to have a good enough, but less stringest
standard and on others, we might prefer to have a stonger standard.

The classic example is 'food safety and hygiene'

The French argued long and hard that their traditional cheeses made of
unpasteurised milk and loaded with bacteria of all sorts were in fact
their own bloody business, provided they didn't export them.

And indeed when washed down with a bottle of 'entre deux legs' the
bacteria didnt stand a chance anyway.

I note with wry hunmour that te country that killed peole with organic
beansprouts was in fact Germany.

That the country that cheated on its diesel emissions regulations was in
fact Germany.

The country didn't cheat - a manufacturer in that country cheated. Vast
difference.

You dont knwo how Germans feel about their companies do you?

Germans are taught to be proud to be German and consider that they and
their industries are all in it together.

whereas this doesn't happen in the UK?

I had the impression that the unions promoted an us v them attitude so
they could maintain power. Pretty much like boris is doing now.

Many many times unions in various industries were told that they would
wreck the industry if they kept up their restrictive practices but they
did anyway and those industries are more or less gone now, ship
building, cars, mining, etc. you just can't stop progress when your
competitors are making advances without ending up with nothing.