Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Does this device exist?

On Wednesday, 2 October 2019 21:22:21 UTC+1, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

They are available here in the Netherlands, and are/were commonly used
to connect a washer and a dryer to a single circuit.
These boxes cover the same situation, where a washing machine consumes
a lot of power during the phase where it heats the water and could trip
the breaker when a dryer which also uses a lot of power is used at the
same time.

Interisting. I guess where you are at the circuit is around 240 volts
for everything.

Here in the states most washers use 120 volts and the dryers are on the
240 volt circuit. That way they can be ran at the same time as the
wires go back to the breaker box.

I don't know how others do it,but many days my wife will wash 2 or 3
loads of cloths. She will be drying the first load while the 2nd one is
washing to save time.

If it really is just the drier that's the problem, there are better ways to dry things anyway, eg fan & dehumidifier.

NT