Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Two pin (Euro) USB-C charger for Pixel 3a

Scott wrote:

The pins of a Europlug aren't intended to be parallel but
point inwards at the tips.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug#Details

I agree with everything you say.

It is definitely a Europlug. I know the distinction between that and
a UK two-pin plug. The pins are indeed angled inwards. The problem I
think is that they are angled too much. This could be a manufacturing
error or damage in transit. As a result, it sticks in a Schuko
socket. I bought a replacement, which fits perfectly.

I don't believe it is counterfeit but cannot offer any guarantee.

Whilst it struggles to fit a Schuko socket (which is a tight fit
anyway), I think it might work fine in other socket types that are
more tolerant. I know it works electrically.

For these reasons I am quite happy to pass it on to anyone interested
rather that bin it.

But it's only worth a few pence, why go through all this argy-barge,
just keep it in your 'everything' drawer or bin it. There's no
shortage of them!

--
Chris Green
ยท