Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default 2nd kitchen circuit??

In article ,
ARW wrote:
You've 5 radials for the kitchen?!?

TMH's daughter got three.

Oven, hob and fridge freezer.

Do you need separate radials for oven and hob, rather than one suitably
rated for both?

ISTR that the oven specified a 16A or 20A MCB.

TBH in the grand scale of a rewire an extra 12m of 2.5 T&E, a 20A DP
switch and a RCBO is not a lot of money or extra work.

She spent a lot more on the smokes, heat and CO alarms (3 optical
smokes, 1 ionisation smoke and 1 combined heat/CO detector). An easy
upsell to a paramedic[1] that has attended burning houses and CO deaths:-)

[1] I do a lot of work at ambulance stations and I have never seen so
many people who smoke.

--
Adam