Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Minor triumph with colour laserjet

On 30/09/2019 12:44, newshound wrote:
My (relatively lightly used) Lexmark colour laser had stopped picking up
paper. I wasn't particularly optimistic that cleaning the rollers would
work, and expected to have to delve into the works. I was pleased to
find on removing the (only) feed tray and turning it on its side that
the rollers were readily accessible, and 1 ml of propanol on a cotton
bud had it up and running in about a minute.

Our Samsung CLP-680dn became very intermittent at feeding paper. I'd
already changed the rollers, but it got worse, so I decided that it was
possibly a sensor fault or a tired motor and the paper wasn't being
detected in time.

I saw one for sale, not far away, for spares or repairs on Ebay and put
a bid in, thinking I could swap bits over. When I went to collect it, it
turned out that the colour toners had run out and they'd lost the power
lead and that was all that was wrong. I transferred both over from our
printer, fired it up and found out that it'd only printed about 2,500
sheets! So basically they'd used up the toners supplied with it and
discarded the whole thing.

The really good part, was I won the bid for only £2.20

SteveW