Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Lifts - not Rocket Science

Since my wife has been consigned to a wheelchair it means I notice lifts
more.
This weekend I encountered one (in a newish building of a company very
committed to access) - the one floor lift has never worked so they have
boarded up the doors (according to a member of staff)

A local superstore - lift out of action 3 times last week.

Old Person's Residential Complex - Lift out of action as service contract
has gone to a firm that prefers a different brand and it is waiting for
parts but may fit a new controller.

Daughter's place of work - blocking a door is likely to put it out of
action for a week

What is it with lifts? - they aren't rocket science.

What are the common causes - and are there generic issues that better
disign could cure?