Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Source Needed: Vinyl Covers For Wooden Window Sills

On Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 9:12:24 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
dpb wrote:

There's a siding outfit in Wichita that forms there own -- I'd talk to
somebody like that and see if they couldn't form for you or have another
option. Just a contractor reselling a product wouldn't necessarily expect.

Or, bend your own from aluminum, it really isn't that difficult but you
do need a bender--but for single wide they're not that expensive from HF.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOEXES8Y3jU

Or maybe buy the sill & brickmould prebent?
http://www.trimbender.com/window-trim/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3FAsSKvYM4

I may have found a local window place that will bend a piece for me. The
sales-guy says that all of their trucks have brakes on them so they could
probably bend a piece while a truck was in the yard. He said to stop in
with the dimensions to get a price.

Trimbender has a maximum length of 94" and I think (I'm not home) that the
actual length of my sill is a full 8'. Rough estimate is $14 for a 94" piece,
$30 shipping.

I'll see how the local place prices it and take it from there.

Thanks.