Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Minor triumph with colour laserjet

That was what haoppened to my HP photo printer which pulled the paper
from a horizontal tray under the printer, up and onto the print bed.

After about 2 years no amount of cleaning would encourage the rollers
to grip the paper, which also suffered from the varying humidity over
the course of a year. Tnis is a problem for lightly used home printers.
It printed good photos from its 6 cartridges (when it worked) :-(

Eventually I binned it and bought a cheapo Canon Pixma IP1200 which
has the paper tray almost vertically behind the printer so gravity
always helps the paper to feed.

On 01/10/2019 08:05, Brian Gaff wrote:
Somehow printers rollers lose their almost sticky surface and I suspect this
is ground in paper dust and other bits of junk like toner and general dust
in the e air.
Brian