Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Minor triumph with colour laserjet

Somehow printers rollers lose their almost sticky surface and I suspect this
is ground in paper dust and other bits of junk like toner and general dust
in the e air.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
My (relatively lightly used) Lexmark colour laser had stopped picking up
paper. I wasn't particularly optimistic that cleaning the rollers would
work, and expected to have to delve into the works. I was pleased to find
on removing the (only) feed tray and turning it on its side that the
rollers were readily accessible, and 1 ml of propanol on a cotton bud had
it up and running in about a minute.