Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default 2nd kitchen circuit??

On Monday, 30 September 2019 17:56:26 UTC+1, wrote:
I was wondering about moving say the wishdosher and washing machine
onto a radial. I could easily reroute an unused 2.5mm T&E into
the kitchen and connect the other end to a new 16 or 20 A MCB (or
have a part P person do so).
What does the team think?

I wouldn't.

A wishdosher and a wothesclosher running together are likely to be more than 20A, albeit for a shortish period of time. In fact they probably shouldn't share a double socket.

Put everything on a 32A ring and you have diversity as long as the ring is correctly laid out and not lopsided with everything bunched together at one end.

If you have an electric cooker and can plug the kettle into the cooker control unit socket that gets a short-term 3kW load off the ring, if you're anxious. And means you can make a brew when the kitchen ring is off :-)

Owain