Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Source Needed: Vinyl Covers For Wooden Window Sills

On 9/30/2019 12:04 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I'm looking for vinyl covers for wooden window trim, especially the sills.

I found a product on youtube and contacted the guy, but he said that he is
retiring and doesn't have enough stock for my project. He said that the
video will be taken down soon, so if this link doesn't work, use the image
link below it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcV5gwzk9k4

https://i.imgur.com/7xsSaJF.jpg

Basically, it's just pre-bent pieces of vinyl that you trim to fit. He said
that he has to buy his stock in "special order" quantities and would have to
order so much stock that he'd never be able to sell it before he retires. He
knows of no other source and I haven't found one yet.

It seems like there would be a market for this product. Does anyone know of
a source?

Well, if he's retiring he shouldn't mind revealing where he's ordering
from for the root source.

I'd think any of the vinyl siding outfits that has shaping facilities of
their own could do it.