Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Minor triumph with colour laserjet

On 30/09/2019 12:44, newshound wrote:
My (relatively lightly used) Lexmark colour laser had stopped picking up
paper. I wasn't particularly optimistic that cleaning the rollers would
work, and expected to have to delve into the works. I was pleased to
find on removing the (only) feed tray and turning it on its side that
the rollers were readily accessible, and 1 ml of propanol on a cotton
bud had it up and running in about a minute.

HP once had a inkjet printer with a paper roller pick up problem.

They sent out a free of charge fixing kit which consisted of a spring
loaded plate to which was attached some of those green plastic pan
scrubber pads. The pads were forced against the roller and some supplied
software just turned the roller. The pan scrubbers just roughed up the
roller surface.