Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Gas boiler ban brought forward.

On Sunday, 29 September 2019 22:06:58 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 28/09/2019 16:29, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 28 September 2019 16:06:07 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
On 28/09/2019 15:41, Bill Wright wrote:
On 28/09/2019 13:30, harry wrote:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-Johnson-green

How will it be enforced? You build a house and have a gas cooker
installed. You don't install a boiler. When the planners etc have all
****ed off you install a gas boiler.

What will the approved alternatives be? Surely not oil! Electric will be
far too expensive.

Basically the greenies are trying to take us back to the stone age.

That does rather depend on what level insulation is required by the
Future Homes Standard (and whether British housebuilders then actually
deliver it). I'd be happy to live without gas in something that meets
eg Passivhaus standards.

I already have one (and no gas).

And I expect it was built for that purpose. And probably not on a tight
budget.

No it was a DIY conversion. It was expensive but included a lot of other work.