Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Concrete drying time

Would not a dpm just under the slab tend to wear out rather fast letting all
those problems reoccur?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Robin" wrote in message
On 29/09/2019 13:17, Andrew wrote:
On 29/09/2019 10:23, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Logic would suggest that if you have a DPM below the concrete then the
only way out for the moisture is through the top surface. I believe
curing time for concrete is 28 days.

I have not consulted this site in a while but checking it out may
definitively answer your question;

http://pavingexpert.com/

Richard

I always thought proper drying time was a month per inch of concrete,
i.e. longer than you expect.

You can put a secondary dpc on top of the slab.

where then would the moisture go? (I thought that was why DPM above the
slab was an /alternative/ to DPM below it.)

--
Robin