Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Ping Clare part II

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 29 Sep 2019 18:46:48 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 9/29/2019 5:00 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 15:15:25 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 9/29/19 2:03 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 14:29:53 -0400, Wade Gattett
wrote:

On 9/28/19 8:24 PM, Hawk wrote:
I hope you don't mind another vehicle wiring question since your
expertise is abundant on the auto industry.

I have a Honda with daytime running lights, which I bypassed the fuse to
install a switch allowing me to turn them off when needed. I have a 2013
Town & Country van which I want to do the same, but I cannot locate a
designated fuse for those lights. Do you have a suggestion how I can go
about this if I cannot located a designated fuse?
Thanks.

Just curious- why do you want to turn them off?

I wondered that also.
All our friends & family's cars & trucks, since ~ early 1990's
have had them - with no problems ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

John T.

Good question. The local concrete company trucks run with
headlights on.
It's surprising how much more noticeable those big white things are
because of the lights.

I started "day lighting" back in the seventies when I was rallye
driving.

The only thing I can';t quite figure out is why they don't just tuenon
the full lighting system - INCLUDING tail lights so morons don't drive
down the road in the dead of night with only the front lit by the DRLs
and no tail lights

They don't know enough morons?

* We had a '96 Chevy Corsica with DRL's . It had a photocell in the
dash that turned on the full set of lights when it got dark enough .
Took me a while to become habituated to turning the lights on when we
changed cars .

My car is like your Corsice, with the photocell. When I rented a car, I
never bothered turning on the headlights because I sort of figure they
went on automatically at dark, and I drove either in the day or at night
in the city. Finally I go somewhere and have to drive 100 miles at
night on 2-lane roads, and I see the low beams dont' work. I kept the
high-beams on until the last second, and I annoyed a lot of oncoming
drivers. But better than hitting them.

The current Toyota 4Runner will turn them off then back
on only if you leave the switch on the turnsig stem turned to "on" . Her
'09 Harley gives you no option , key is on so are the lights . My 1990
has a separate key switch position .