Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike_Duffy[_2_] Mike_Duffy[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Clare part II

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 19:05:16 -0400, Hawk wrote:

On 9/29/2019 2:29 PM, Wade Gattett wrote:

Just curious- why do you want to turn them off?

As an investigator who follows people, I often like to
change the front appearance of the vehicle to throw them off,
especially for a subject who may be slightly suspicious.

Hmmm. Well, I guess if I ever do anything which would end up with me
feeling slightly suspicious, I'll be sure to be on the the lookout for this
new 'givaway' of people who have illegally modified their vehicle wiring.

Having the lights off also allows me to
slowly sneak up on the side of the street

So if we see anyone doing that, can we be sure it's a 'Dick'?

One *could* call 911 to report a driver suspected to be sufficiently
impaired that he does not notice that his legally-required lights are off
or malfunctioning.

Even the police won't risk illegally modifying a vehicle, because if an
accident happens, they may end up 'at fault'. And your insurance won't
cover you if you have made illegal mods.