Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete drying time

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 29/09/2019 14:07, Robin wrote:
On 29/09/2019 13:17, Andrew wrote:
On 29/09/2019 10:23, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Logic would suggest that if you have a DPM below the concrete then
the only way out for the moisture is through the top surface. I
believe curing time for concrete is 28 days.

I have not consulted this site in a while but checking it out may
definitively answer your question;

http://pavingexpert.com/

Richard

I always thought proper drying time was a month per inch of concrete,
i.e. longer than you expect.

You can put a secondary dpc on top of the slab.

where then would the moisture go?

Doesnt need to go anywhere.
Concrete sort of meeds CO2 to set tho, so its not great hermetically sealed

(I thought that was why DPM above the
slab was an /alternative/ to DPM below it.)

Umm. I thought CO2 absorbtion by concrete was an issue for steel
reinforcement rather than a necessary part of the cure.

I put plastic sheet below the concrete to save properly blinding the
hardcore and will put dpm over the insulation.

I can re-plan the work and tarpaulin over the roof to create a tent.

--
Tim Lamb