Posted to alt.home.repair
Hawk Hawk is offline

Default Ping Clare part II

On 9/28/2019 8:46 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 20:24:55 -0400, Hawk wrote:

I hope you don't mind another vehicle wiring question since your
expertise is abundant on the auto industry.

I have a Honda with daytime running lights, which I bypassed the fuse to
install a switch allowing me to turn them off when needed. I have a 2013
Town & Country van which I want to do the same, but I cannot locate a
designated fuse for those lights. Do you have a suggestion how I can go
about this if I cannot located a designated fuse?

Thanks.

The only way to turn off the DRL on the chrysler is by either having
it programmed out in the BCU by the dealer or tricking it in to
thinking the parking brake is on. Put a switch in parallel with the
parking brake switch. Turning ON the switch will turn off the drl (and
put your brake warning light on - and possibly a beeper/bell.)

It's all done by CanBuss

Programmed out? Does that mean permanently off or can it be programmed
to be switched off and on?