Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Ping Clare part II

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 28 Sep 2019 20:24:55 -0400, Hawk
wrote:

I hope you don't mind another vehicle wiring question since your
expertise is abundant on the auto industry.

I have a Honda with daytime running lights, which I bypassed the fuse to
install a switch allowing me to turn them off when needed. I have a 2013

FTR, since it worked on the first car, even though you use "fuse" three
times, I'm sure you don't mean "bypass the fuse". Bypassing the fuse
will....bypass the fuse. It won't change anything except you won't have
a fuse. You must have meant "interrupt the circuit [with a switch]
near the fuse" Because when there is a dedicated fuse, you know
which is the right wire.

Town & Country van which I want to do the same, but I cannot locate a
designated fuse for those lights. Do you have a suggestion how I can go
about this if I cannot located a designated fuse?

Thanks.

Clare has a great answer. I remember getting my first "fancy" car that
turned the headlights on when I turned on the engine at night, and
having trouble turning off all the outside lights when parked with the
car running, and iirc turning some on when parked with the engine off.
These things used to be simple.

The things above don't matter anymore but even now on a 2005 toyota with
GPS and a map screen on the radio, I'd like to also turn off the bright
radio screen so I could I sit in the dark playing the radio.