Posted to uk.legal, uk.radio.amateur, uk.politics.misc, uk.d-i-y
Keema's Nan Keema's Nan is offline

Default UK motorway gantries now flashing "Leaving on October 31" signs

On 29 Sep 2019, Stephen Cole wrote
(in article ):

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 21:27:30 +0100, wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 09:16:42 -0700, Grik-*******o®„¢
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 16:23:31 +0100, wrote:

Yesterday I drove home up the M40. Every now and again there are
information gantries that usually announce how long till the next
junction, but I saw two that had wording to the effect that "UK is
leaving the EU on October 31. You may need further papers."

The message was obviously primarily directed at international
truckers.

Last night's TV adverts also included a message from HM Government
stating that "UK is leaving on October 31" (I paraphrase.)

So the government is now *assuming* that we will definitely leave on
the "do or die" date. There'll be much egg-on-face if after all we do
not leave then.

Why shouldn't we leave then? That is the default position (a REAL
one, compared to your advisory referendum default). The only hope for
you mainland-worshipping Remoaners is that all the mainland countries
approve a delay, in which case we will have the same exact problem on
31st January. Sooner or later, one of the mainland countries will
veto any further delays. It's inevitable.

It's not inevitable at all.

It's totally inevitable. All it takes is one ****ty little mainland
country to say NO and the Brexit extension is ****ED.

When that does happen, the British government will simply revoke A50.

Except that Britain does not have a government. It has a bunch of overpaid
self serving rabble rousers, but they are not governing - precisely the
opposite, in fact and the chance of revoking A50 (when a majority of almost
400 voted to give May the green light to invoke it) is nil.

Britain will have a government after a general election; but as the rabble
rousers know, it will be a Tory government with a three figure majority.