Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Ping Clare S - truck problems

On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 15:08:44 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 9/28/2019 2:50 PM, wrote:

FWIW the hamfisted HACK that installed it is my son .
He definitely ain't a hillbilly ... he's a flat-lander ! And he's for
sure a hack , couldn't be bothered to actually finish the installation
by changing out the speedo drive .

I doubt that Clare means any offence .. with "ham-fisted hack" -
- it's just that - to someone who endeavors to build
a friggin' home-made airplane !
... certainly almost everyone is a hack. :-)

http://pegazair.on-the-net.ca/ClareSquared/index.htm

John T.

* Perhaps you misunderstood me - my son IS a ham-handed hack shade tree
mechanic . As I said , he was too lazy to complete the job properly by
swapping the electronic sensor out for the mechanical drive this truck
needs . I'll probably get under the truck (tomorrow , rainy here today)
and find the lockup wire pinched between the trans and motor or
something equally stupid . Hell , he couldn't even be bothered to bolt
the dipstick tube in place properly .

I didn't mis-understand. not at all ..
I am myself a ham-handed-driveway-hack at best !
especially for auto repairs.
... sorry to have led you to the point of explaining it.
I was just trying to post a little light-hearted back-ground ..
Your beloved son is a scholar and a gentleman
in my estimation until he in - person proves
different to me.
John T.