Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/28/2019 12:24 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 12:40:57 -0000 (UTC), Roger Blake

On 2019-09-28, Bob F wrote:
Get it started quickly. Repubs have cut funding so much that that
staffing in inadequate, so delays are common.

What Repubs need to do is phase Medicare out, along with Social Security.
It's way past time to end both the New Deal and the Great Society.
All they are is armed robbery on a grand scale and absent an abberant
Supreme Court they would have never passed Constitutional muster.

Once the kids get smart enough to vote their own interest, they might.
This is a huge transfer of wealth from the young to the old. As long
as there were lots of baby boomers in the work place and old people
died fairly young, the system worked. Now we are rapidly approaching a
time when it will be 2 workers per recipient and the recipient is
actually richer than most of the workers shoveling money at them.

I have to wonder what it will be like 50 years from now. If the
greenies want to save the earth they will have less kids, thus less
contributors.

There has been more movements to encourage younger people to vote. In
the past, young voters tended to be more liberal but later, with some
real world experience became more conservative. It is changing in
recent years
https://news.gallup.com/poll/245813/...ent-gains.aspx