Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT. Medicare ?

On 9/27/2019 11:59 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 25 Sep 2019 07:54:43 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 9/25/2019 3:25 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 24 Sep 2019 20:59:41 -0500, dpb
wrote:

On 9/24/2019 8:27 PM, wrote:

I still haven't figured out what AARP has to do with it. I get the
"AARP plan" from United Health Care and I am not an AARP member, nor
did I use them to find the plan. It was an offering presented by IBM.
(who is not chipping in a dime). Perhaps UHC put the plan together for
AARP (or IBM and maybe a dozen other companies) but they will sell it
to anyone with exactly the same terms and conditions.

He's complaining about the Hartford ripoff whole life plans AARP gets
kickback on.

AARP is a scam preying on the older generation.

But what is the scam? Dues are $5 or less a year. That's not going to
break many people.

That people take too seriously an AARP endorsement? I don't konow how
many do but they are free to compare prioces.

I'm glad to hear from 2 or 3 of you that I don't have to continue the
AARP. It's not the money.

I am not a member but my wife is so I am considered an associate member.
I do like their magazine and news letters and have taken their online
defensive driving course and refreshers which saves money on car

It's online! GEICO said I coudl save money if I took a def drving
course, and I was thinking about it, when I thought I'd have to go
there, wherever there is. For sure if they use an online one. (I go
to my desk every day.)

Yes but there are others online too. You could sit through one of their
classes at a senior center and get certified. My wife does that but
times were not convenient for me.

Online you have to interact with it and it takes a few hours. You can
stop whenever you want and resume when it is convenient. Since you have
to interact with it to proceed you will learn a lot of things whereas if
you just sit through the class you can fall asleep or not pay attention.

It will get you about 15% off your car insurance and points with the
state in case you have an offense. You have to repeat it every few
years. I'll do it when the weather is bad and I'm stuck in the house.