Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default PC problem.

On 27/09/2019 19:41, Andrew wrote:

I'm a bit surprised that you don't have to competely reinstall W7
from scratch. Is the 'new' motherboard exactly the same spec as
the old one ?.

When I swapped the SSD from one laptop to another I didn't have a
problem even though one was AMD and the other Intel.

That was win10 though.

Its still going on the AMD after I cloned the intel SSD onto a new SSD
and put the old one back in the AMD laptop.

Win10 doesn't care it just sorts it out on the first boot and then
checks for updates.

They didn't have much in common..

The old one AMD is a Medion 1gHz AMD A4 CPU 2G RAM (IIRC)

The intel one is a Lenovo yoga S1 with touch screen and wacom digitizer
built in.