Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC problem.

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
If you are running W7 then a new M/B is one of the things that
might cause issues with m$soft, unless your copy of W7 was a full
retail version.

It is. But I did get a warning, which seemed to go on its own and not come
back. I was expecting to have to reinit W7.

If you had to sort it out, a call to Microsoft, explaining that your
motherboard had failed and you'd replaced it with an identical or even
similar one would get it re-licenced.

Telling them that the PSU failed and cooked the motherboard and you've
had to replace motherboard, processor and memory (with a 5 years newer
design) seems to be okay even!

When I built a second PC back in the day, I cloned the HD of the first one
to save the effort of loading in all the extra software. Didn't have a
problem then either. ;-) Even with then talking to one another.

--
*HOW DO THEY GET DEER TO CROSS THE ROAD ONLY AT THOSE YELLOW ROAD SIGNS?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.