Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default PC problem.

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

Googling shows this particular MB has a fair share
of problems.

When I had similar problems with two (different) Asus boards, I switched
to AsRock (though I gather the former now owns the latter) and no
problems since, have received BIOS updates for about 5 years (mainly due
to spectre microcode fixes)

I'll keep that in mind since none of the makes really means much to me
anyway. Except from recognising ASUS.

The original likely did some 10 years plus. A long time these days.

If you are running W7 then a new M/B is one of the things that
might cause issues with m$soft, unless your copy of W7 was a full
retail version.