Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Wheelie Bin Compactors anyone?

On 25/09/2019 21:37, wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 17:25:37 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 25/09/2019 17:18, Andrew Mawson wrote:
"Andrew"Â* wrote in message ...
On 25/09/2019 16:05, Chris Hogg wrote:

My garden waste recycling bin is often brim full and compacted by
two-foot-power,

Just snip the woody stuff up into easily compressible
fragments.

Green waste is no problem, everything is composted (we are on a small
farm). Before Rother changed their sub-contractor they would take extra
bags of recycling and flattened card board left next to the bin, but the
new lot have refused and just left it all with a snotty note

I'd like to incinerate cardboard but the clinging smell of smouldering
cardboard is not nice for our guests in the holiday cottages .

Hence looking for a squisher !

Andrew

You can mulch up cardboard with other green waste and simply
compost it along with whatever vegetarian animal poo you
have access to.

You can also shred it & use as cat litter. Little domestic shredders typically want it cutting into strips narrower than A4, look for the slowest feed rate to get the greatest torque.

NT

I thought that's what the Metro was for :-). (placing in
the tray with cat litter on top).