Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Wheelie Bin Compactors anyone?

On 25/09/2019 16:05, Chris Hogg wrote:
My garden waste recycling bin is often brim full and compacted by
two-foot-power, and gets very heavy, but the lorry seems to cope OK.
Having said that, the bin has split down one side, I suspect due to my
overly enthusiastic compaction methods, and I've 'stitched' it to hold
it together, so the OP needs to be careful he doesn't over-do the
compaction.

I use a spade. It's a combination squasher and chopper.

One of our garden bins has split, and I'm pretty sure it was done by the
lorry...

Andy