Jim

Default New Pressure Treated Lumber

If true, I'm ****ed! I built a 30X13 foot deck w/joist spaced 12" OC
last summer using hardware from the building supply store and ACQ lumber.

Sounds like a valid case for a class-action suit. But sue the government? HA!
Just like the MTBE additive in gasoline now found to pollute ground water.

Ted Borck wrote in message ...
My neighbor, noting that I was making repairs to my garage, advised
that the new process used in producing pressure treated lumber caused
nails, screws to fail, due to the chemicals used to treat the wood.

According to him, the new process treated wood was required after Jan
1, 2004.

He advised that apparently it didn't matter whether you used galvanized or
stainless fasteners, the chemical(s) used would cause the metal to corrode.

--
Ted Borck